A Loyalist home circa 1813, evidenced by three tree stumps located to the left of the house. The original, supporting beams can still be seen in the living room and library. The basement walls, constructed of stone, measure approximately 3 1/2 feet in width.

A cross and a pair of leather child's shoes were found in the basement when a wall was partially taken out in order to house a new geothermal heating and cooling unit.
   
         
  The barn was once home to prize winning Morgan horses. Currently it houses two Morgans two Welsh ponies and chickens who provide fresh eggs all year round.
The large structure on the left is the original Maxville arena which was transferred to it's present location around 1980. 
   
  Totalling 57 acres, the property has aapprox. one kilometre laneway for jogging or leisure walks.